Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Saturday 10 July 2010

I'm excited for July 24

Yes I'm excited. I have already gathered in my pool of fb friends 10 of my ex-schoolmates who were from the same batch. We are planning for a simple reunion next Saturday and some are coming from outstation to attend. Those who are not connected via fb will be invited via sms. Thanks to our communication technology.

At the same time I'm planning for my reunion, my wife is also attending her college reunion at the end of the month. She had already attended her secondary school class reunion a couple of months ago. According to her, her batch is now planning to have a secondary school year reunion. Definitely she is much more advanced than me.

What makes me excited is some of us had not met each other for over thirty years… wow I need to say it again 30 YEARS!!!! Just imagine 30 years of progress, of development and of growth probably would bring people to new heights and levels.

The last time we had a reunion was in 2006, it was more like an impromptu reunion after celebrating our High School Silver Jubilee. Then, most of whom who attended it were not from my class, now hopefully there will be a lot more coming from my class. This also makes me more excited.

Reunion such as this provides an opportunity for everyone to reconnect and probably create new professional and business networks. In this era of stiff competition and acute circle of influence, networks may be able to smoothen a professional endeavour or a business venture. The reconnection and network may even be beneficial to the school which had provided us education and guidance more than 30 years ago. This is something worth pondering.

So to all High School 1981 Form Fivers, hope to see you, especially those from my class. Click here for more details http://www.facebook.com/hjmalek?v=app_2344061033#!/event.php?eid=141770409167695&index=1.

2 comments:

Gurindam Jiwa said...

Brader, you make this sounds like we are all getting old. ;o)

hjmalek said...

Bro, time is a quantum and old is a timeframe, so we decide how young we feel :)