Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Thursday 3 February 2011

Excel in UPSR 2011 Motivational Programme

On Monday, I conducted a motivational programme for year six students at a primary school in Gombak. These students are going to sit for their UPSR examination in September. UPSR is a government standard examination for primary student at year six i.e. 12 years old. Though passing the examination is not mandatory, however to excel in it will open up greater learning opportunity either at the fully funded boarding school, special class in a normal school and either academic or sports scholarships in their upcoming secondary school years.

There were close to 150 students who attended the programme and they were divided into two groups. I conducted a two hour session each culminating a sense of idolisation of people who have excelled, knowing what they have and how did they excel, coming through to what do the students require to excel in their own academic endeavour. I also established with them a sense of self-realisation of their individual goal, strength, weaknesses and support.

Amidst all these, we also had fun. I'm quite please that many of the students then took the opportunity to add me as their facebook friend and had also shown their positive response to the programme on facebook. I share one of them below.

No comments: