Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Sunday 31 August 2008

Family outing at Kompleks PKNS, Shah Alam

Yesterday my family and I attended a khenduri (thanksgiving ceremony) in Shah Alam at my previous boss's house. The khenduri was held in conjunction to the upcoming fasting month, which is expected to be on Monday 1st September 2008. After the khenduri, we stopped by at Masjid Shah Alam to perform our noon prayer. As my wife had always been interested to shop at Kompleks PKNS, Shah Alam, we then headed towards it after the prayer.

Kompleks PKNS, Shah Alam brings me a lot of nostalgic memories as I had once lived in Shah Alam for three years as I was then studying at Institut Teknologi MARA, ITM from 1987 until 1989. ITM had been upgraded into university status in 1999 and more popularly known now as Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM),

We spent close to two hours shopping at the complex. The complex is famous for its wide range of malay boutiques where one can purchase baju kurung (a traditional female attire), jubah (robes) for males and females, tudung and selendang (female head scarves), brooches, songkok and kopiah (a traditional male head gear), capal (a traditional male sandal) at affordable prices.

Compared to Wisma Yakin, another smaller complex in Kuala Lumpur and Pekan Rabu complex in Alor Setar that I had written in my earlier posting in this blog, all three complexes sell almost the same range of products and Kompleks PKNS is somewhere in between all three in term of size and varieties. However, it is a lot more convenient to shop at Kompleks PKNS as the shops are more organised and there are lot more modern and up-to-date designs available here.


My wife bought for herself two pairs of modern jubah with local Malaysian motives, my daughter who had always been reluctant to participate actively in our family shopping outings had a field day of purchasing two very beautiful pairs of jubah and selendang which she had selected herself. My two boys got their hip jackets and I got myself a very nice pair of capal. We headed back home at about 5.30 pm to avoid the pre-Merdeka traffic.

No comments: