Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Sunday 21 September 2008

This made my week

Last Friday, I was having a chat with one of the staff at the office. She used to report to me when she first joined the company. I was handling Recruitment then and she was supporting me. She just joined the department I am in early of this year but in a different unit.

She showed me her notebook where she had diligently written her "To Do List". I commented on her nice handwriting and then showed my notebook (a management diary) that was full of scribbling. She laughed and commented that the dates written in the notes did not coincide with the dates in the diary. I told her that the dates were different because I have made the diary as my notebook. Actually, I told her that I use my Outlook calendar as my diary and another smaller diary as my daily "To Do List".

She then pulled out her drawer and showed me all her notebooks over the years. I could see about 5 thick notebooks similar to the one she had showed me. I praised her for her very organised work. She then unexpectedly told me, "This was how you had trained me when I first joined and worked with you. You had taught me how to organise my work. You taught me to itemise all the work that were required to be done for the day, to prioritise them and to plan how to tackle them according to the priority."

Her statement made my week as I then told her that this is part of the good deeds that I hope God would accept from me. I encourage her to continue doing it and wish her well in her career.

p.s.
1) I have written on work planning tips in my monthly collumn in Milenia Muslim magazine.
2) photo from http://www.freefoto.com/

No comments: