Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Sunday 19 October 2008

An early dinner at Sa Sayang Cafe, Batu 5 1/2 Jalan Gombak

After visiting my wife's niece in Sungai Way for Hari Raya, we headed home. As it was raining heavily just before we went out, there was heavy traffic along the way back. Our earlier intention of visiting another of my wife's niece who had just delivered a baby at Ampang Puteri Hospital was aborted. It was close to 6.30 pm and to save time we decided to have an early dinner somewhere near our house.

During Ramadhan we noticed that there was a new restaurant, Sa Sayang Cafe, along Jalan Gombak at Batu 5 1/2, just after Balai Polis Gombak or Masjid Asy Syakirin, if you are coming from Setapak. By the look of it, the restaurant seem to be an upmarket joint as it was nestled among the bungalow lots of Gombak Setia.

Fortunate for us, Sa Sayang Cafe was open for business. However we noticed that we were the only customers at the Cafe when we went in. In the spirit of adventure in trying something new, we went ahead. The menu that it offered was simple, varieties of western grill and several kinds of fried noodles and rice. My wife, my daughter and I ordered Nasi Goreng Kampung while my eldest son had fish and chips and my second son ordered Nasi Goreng Pattaya. Our side menu was Samosa and French Fries. Their drinks menu was also impressive, they had several kinds of tea, juices and other normal drinks. I ordered watermelon neat with ice just to test whether their fruits were fresh, indeed it was and I had to order for second.

The ambience of the cafe was cosy. The interior design and fittings were splendid and well placed. The price was also reasonable. We promised ourselves to come again.

No comments: