Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Sunday 19 October 2008

Employability Talk at Chemical Engineering Faculty of UiTM, 17 Oct 2008

On Monday 13 October, my colleague text me telling me that one of his friends would like to speak to me. I thought that it was only the usual Q&A on Human Resources questions that I normally received from mutual friends connection. The questions that were posed to me would be on Human Resources Policy or Compensation and Benefit or employment opportunity.

The caller was a lecturer at Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and she would like to invite me to be a Panel member in a talk on employability to her students' faculty, and she told me that there would be another Panel member from CCM. The talk would be held at the Chemical Engineering Faculty of UiTM, Shah Alam attended by students from the faculty. As UiTM was where I completed my Diploma study, I agreed and quickly linked myself to the Recruitment department of my company to source for materials for my talk. The Recruitment department was very helpful in extending materials that I found useful for my reference and use.

During the talk, I touched on the importance of collecting information and data, linking the information and data to understand the situation, proposing resolution to solve the problem and finally solving the problem. I shared with the students that problems are opportunities for businesses and not merely things to be avoided. Just merely scoring high marks in education would not be sufficient, how they utilise the education would be the key to their success in employment. I also mentioned about working in a team. In order to work in a team to solve problems, they are expected to muster skills of effective communication, teamwork and critical thinking to be able to secure opportunities in the employment market. The students were very interactive during and after the talk asking questions and seeking clarifications.

I would like to thank the Dean of the Chemical Engineering Faculty, Assoc Prof Dr Sharifah Aishah, lecturers Mr Zaki and Mdm Haslina for the invitation as well as the faculty students who had shown interest in the talk.

For more information and photographs of the events please click here http://zakizainudin.blogspot.com/2008/10/employability-talk-photos.html.

No comments: