Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Sunday 26 April 2009

Forthnightly Shared Learning Session


I have a big team of 37 staff in my unit. 6 of them report directly to me. I have 3 Team Leads, 2 Subject Matter Experts and a Relief Service Advisor. The 3 Team Leads supervises an average of 10 staff each.

I manage my team partly via a weekly meeting with my 3 Team Leads and 2 Subject Matter Experts. I have a separate weekly meeting with my Relief Service Advisor. During these meetings, we discuss on 3 P's: Portfolio, Performance and People. Portfolio is about the current status of activities or projects handled by the team, Performance is about the team's operational dashboard and KPI while People is about welfare and discipline. The 3 Team Leads in turn have a weekly team meeting of their own. I also organise forthnightly shared learning session where the whole team will get together to learn about operational news or about activities to enhance their performance.

Recently, during the Forthnightly Shared Learning session, I organised a small party at the end of the session. This is my way of expressing my appreciation to the team for the support they had rendered to me as their Team Manager. We had a big chocolate cake, satey, noodles and kuehs.
Me and two of my three Team Leads.
The team enjoying their meals.

No comments: