Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Thursday 16 April 2009

THANK YOU NOTE FROM ME...

I was browsing my old emails and found this thank you note in my inbox, buried among other old emails.

From: Mohd Yusoff, Siti Khadijah
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 6:29 PM
To: Mohd-Nor, Abd-Malek
Subject: THANK YOU NOTE FROM ME...

Dear En Malek,

As today is my last day working under your supervision, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all the guidance and knowledge that you have provided to me during my past 5 months working with you. I enjoyed very much working with this team although in a very short period.

Not forgotten, thank you for renewing my contract and I believe this is all because of the good recommendation that given by you. I will give my full cooperation in the new jobs that offered to me and please pray for my successfull with this new job.

Thank you very much....


I had interviewed Siti which was featured in my posting on 11 August 2008 entitled, Interview for Quality Assurance Analyst. Due to a change in my department's Quality Assurance structure earlier this year, I had to demobilise the Quality Assurance unit under me, there were two Analysts reporting to me then. I broke the news to them more than a month before the dateline during which I informed them to be prepared and plan within the following two scenarios
  1. They explore job opportunities outside of the company we work with
  2. They are willing to be transferred out of my department into another department

I brought both of them out for lunch when I broke the news and they obviously did not enjoy the food. Seing this I told them, work comes and go, the most important think in live is to have a career because a career is made up of various work and jobs, some may be via employment and some may even be via self-employment. Instead of employment, employees need to think of employability and loyalty to their knowledge, skills and attitude. So, employees need to harness the following qualities:

  1. knowledge - learn as much as possible in the shortest period of time at any opportunity
  2. skills - utilise the knowledge to build abundance of skills as skills come with practicality of knowledge
  3. attitude - always have positive attitude that everything can be done and completed via smart planning, organising and planning

Indeed I have helped both of them to get other jobs, Siti in another department and her colleague who is now working in one of the three units under me as I can see in them semblance of the three qualities I mentioned above. Certainly, good luck to both of them.

2 comments:

Gurindam Jiwa said...

Ini kena belanja lunch sekali lagi ni. He he...

hjmalek said...

lunch ok.. bisa diatur