Welcome in English or Ahlan Wasahlan in Arabic or Selamat Datang in Malay.

I have been a Human Resource professional for more than 20 years working in a wide spectrum of areas within Human Resource. I have progressed up the corporate ladder from the very bottom with rapid and multiple promotions, praise to God. My main interests are motivation and child development

If you have any specific queries you would like to post to me, please email to amzzah_naseehah@ymail.com.

Kind regards
hjmalek

Pages

Saturday 30 June 2007

College Life

Peace be upon you who receive the guidance


My final semester at Institut Teknologi MARA (UiTM) was filled with uncertainty. Malaysia was facing economic recession at that time (late 1980's) and jobs were scarce. I was following the vacancy advertisements in the newspaper and the primary requirement is something that I cannot offer i.e. job experience. Some of my coursemates had already planned to further their study but due to my financial constraint, this is not an option for me.

Unlike my studies in the States, my study at UiTM is self financing. My second brother gave me RM50 per month as I stay in the hostel and my meals are already taken care off. I used the money for my motorcycle fuel, photocopying, stationeries and once in a while outside meals at the stalls. Throughout the 3 years at UiTM, I was very frugal in my spending. As my mother was only relying on a meagre RM200 (around USD50) per month pension, hence I do not demand much from her. I had to do with the same wardrobe for 3 years at UiTM. My late third brother would support me for motorcycle maintenance whenever it broke down. There is not much to complain as I am already used to hard life.

~~~~~0~~~~~

Kesejahteraan di atas anda yang menerima hidayah

Semester akhir saya di Institut Teknologi MARA (UiTM) dipenuhi dengan ketidak tentuan. Malaysia semasa itu (lewat 1980an) sedang melalui kemelesetan ekonomi dan pasaran perkerjaan juga terbantut. Saya telah mengikuti ruangan iklan jawatan kosong di akhbar dan mendapati keperluan utama setiap jawatan kosong ialah sesuatu yang tiada pada saya i.e. pengalaman perkerjaan. Sebahagian dari rakan kursus saya telah merancang untuk melanjutkan pengajian mereka. Akan tetapi oleh kerana kekurangan kewangan, ini bukanlah pilihan buat saya.


Berlainan dari pengajian saya di Amerika, pengajian saya di UiTM dibiayai dengan menggunakan kewangan sendiri. Abang kedua saya memberikan RM50 sebulan kepada saya dan ini mencukupi oleh kerana saya tinggal di asrama dan makanan adalah disediakan. Saya menggunakan wang itu untuk minyak motorsikal, fotokopi nota, alatulis dan sekali-sekala makan di warung. Selama 3 tahun di UiTM, saya berjimat cermat di dalam perbelanjaan saya. Oleh kerana emak saya hanya mendapat RM200 pencen sebulan, saya tidak selalu meminta apa-apa darinya. Saya memakai pakaian yang sama selama 3 tahun di UiTM. Arwah abang saya yang ketiga akan membiayai kos penyelenggaraan motorsikal saya. Tiada apa yang hendak saya rungutkan kerana kesusahan telah menjadi kebiasaan kepada diri saya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Até mais.

hjmalek said...

hope someone would be able to translate this into english and provide the translation to me. but his blog is fantastic for t-shirt hunters.